Even though the All-On-4® method has been around for approximately 15 years, you could be forgiven for thinking it’s a yoga post that comes before the Chair pose, followed closely by the Downward Facing.
But no, the All-On-4® is actually a dental procedure that, though relatively unknown, is still giving many people back their smile—and their confidence—in just one day.
More people are choosing these innovative All-On-4® implants because:
- They look and feel like your own teeth.
- There’s no chance of them falling out or slipping around.
- You don’t need to use any type of adhesive to keep them in place.
- You can still eat all your favorite foods, including apples and carrots.
- It stops your bones from deteriorating.
But what exactly are All-On-4® implants, and are they worth considering?
In dentist speak, an implant is a tiny titanium screw that’s fitted into the jawbone to replace the root of the missing tooth. A prosthetic tooth or crown is then attached, which functions the same way a natural tooth would.
So, why not just get standard crowns? Well, more dentists recommend the unique All-On-4® method because you need only four implants to replace all the teeth in your mouth. And unlike traditional implants that can make for a costly and time-consuming procedure, you’ll be flashing your new smile in just one day.
Are All-On-4® Dental Implants right for you?
All-On-4® implants are suitable for most people who have lost or are about to lose all their teeth. They’re also ideal for anyone with a low bone volume due to conditions like osteoporosis and diabetes. For smokers, however, the technique might not be as successful. It’s best to consult with Dr. Jana Harrison on the best way forward in cases such as this.
The Benefits of the All-On-4® Method
- “Teeth in a Day!” This is the other name that the All-On-4 goes by, and for good reason. Quicker than other procedures, the All-On-4® lets you leave your dentist’s office with a smile in just one day.
- Quick Recovery Time. Because this procedure is a lot less invasive, and four implants can replace an entire set of teeth, your recuperation time is much shorter.
- More Durable. The disadvantage of traditional dentures is that they can shift and often need to be repaired. All-On-4® implants, with the correct care, can last a lifetime.
- More Comfortable and Convenient. All-On-4® implants don’t only look natural, they also feel a lot more comfortable. Unlike traditional dentures, the finished result will not affect your speech or limit what you can, and can’t eat.
Frequently Asked Questions
We understand that you have a lot of questions and concerns about the All-On-4® method, which is totally normal. To help you, here’s a list of the most frequently asked questions we get at our practice. Of course, if there’s anything we haven’t answered, our team of friendly professionals is more than happy to help.
Is this particular procedure painful?
This is a surgical procedure, so yes, there may be some level of discomfort. How much discomfort will vary from person to person. Rest assured that we’ll do everything we can to minimize your discomfort so the procedure is as smooth as possible.
What about after the procedure? How soon can I go back to work, and will I still be in pain?
We have patients who are able to return to work within a day or two, and while there is a little bit of swelling, in most cases over the counter pain medication is effective in pain management.
Will my new All-On-4® teeth be stronger than traditional dentures?
One of the main advantages of these implants is that you are able to eat pretty much anything you like without having to worry about your teeth falling out. Of course, we suggest that you wait a month or two before biting into anything too hard (like that Granny Smith), but our team of experts will guide you during your recovery.
Will my new teeth look and feel natural?
Not only will your new teeth look and feel entirely natural, but they’ll also function just like your real teeth. And as far as maintenance and care go, we encourage you to brush and floss your new pearly whites like you’d brush your original teeth.
How will I know if I’m a candidate for this procedure?
Before our team does anything, we’ assess whether you’re a good candidate for All-On-4® implants. This includes looking at the bone quality of your jaw and discussing any health concerns you might have. Generally, this procedure is suitable for the majority of people who don’t smoke.
How long does the All-On-4® procedure take?
You’ll leave the dental office with a gorgeous set of teeth the same day. (Again, that’s why the procedure is also called “Teeth in a Day”!) In terms of the surgery itself, it usually takes under 2.5 hours per All-On-4® arch.
What’s the success rate of the All-On-4® method?
The success rate of this particular process is around 98% for the lower jaw, and about 98.2% for the upper jaw.
What are you waiting for? Millennium Dental’s All-On-4®makeover will have you looking like a million dollars in just one day. Contact our team of caring experts to discuss how your smile will look the first day of the rest of your life.
- “Implants Aren’t Worth It!” and Other Common Myths About Dentistry
- Crowns vs. Veneers
- 5 Benefits of Porcelain Veneers