A Modern Smile Makeover Solution
Everyone deserves to have a beautiful smile that boosts their self-confidence and allows them to maintain optimal oral health. But not everyone wants to invest in extensive cosmetic dental treatment or permanently change their natural teeth. If you’re in this predicament, we’ve got fantastic news! We have an effective, affordable, and noninvasive solution called Bioclear.
Bioclear is a modern cosmetic dental solution with stunning, long-lasting results that rival popular services such as veneers and dental bonding. Since this treatment is a newer option, many people are curious about how this treatment works and whether or not it’s worth it compared to more traditional cosmetic services.
Here are the answers to all your questions about Bioclear treatment.
What is Bioclear, and how does it work?
Bioclear is a cosmetic service capable of changing the appearance of your smile, but you’re probably wondering exactly how it does that. We’re eager to explain!
Bioclear is a method created by Dr. David Clark, a renowned dentist passionate about innovation. He saw the potential for more durable and beautiful composite restorations and ended up inventing what we know today as the Bioclear system. The trademark of the Bioclear method is the use of thin mylar forms fitted to each tooth to shape the composite.
The process of receiving Bioclear only has a few steps:
- First, we thoroughly clean your teeth with special instruments and gently polish them to remove any bacteria. The preparation process doesn’t harm or change your tooth enamel or gum tissue.
- Next, your dentist selects the appropriate mylar forms for your teeth. These forms pop over each tooth and serve as molds for the liquid composite material. We inject the special composite resin right into the forms. Once the form is filled, we cure the resin with an ultraviolet light.
- Finally, we work on shaping and polishing the material to a beautiful, natural-looking finish. Your new smile is ready within this one visit with this treatment.
Bioclear is exceptionally versatile and customizable for each patient. Your dentist will discuss tooth shape, length, and color before treatment begins to ensure you get the best result possible.
What problems can this treatment solve?
Bioclear can solve the majority of common smile flaws, including:
- Cracks and chips
- Permanent stain and discoloration
- Mild to moderate enamel wear or damage
- Mild to moderate gaps
- Black triangles (triangular spaces) at the gumline
Bioclear is very effective, but it does have its limits when it comes to severe cosmetic issues. For example, we can’t fix very large gaps, crowded and overlapping teeth, or abnormally shaped teeth with Bioclear.
What are the pros and cons of Bioclear?
Bioclear has many more advantages than disadvantages, but it’s essential to know both to make an informed decision.
This treatment is fantastic because:
- It’s long-lasting but not permanent, so you have the option to have it removed.
- It can last up to 10 years with proper care.
- It doesn’t change the function or structure of your natural teeth.
- It’s one of the most affordable cosmetic solutions.
- It can fix most aesthetic smile flaws.
- It can make it easier to maintain proper oral hygiene at home.
Before you move forward with Bioclear, it’s also important to know that:
- It does have limits on what flaws it can solve.
- It isn’t permanent, and you will eventually need repairs or replacements.
- Like most cosmetic services, it isn’t usually covered by insurance.
Dr. Harrison will explain these pros and cons in more detail at your evaluation appointment, especially in how they relate to you personally.
How does Bioclear compare to veneers and bonding?
Bioclear is a fantastic alternative to veneers or dental bonding.
Bioclear is most similar to dental bonding. They both use a composite material and change the smile’s look without enamel removal. However, dental bonding only lasts an average of five years, while Bioclear can last 10 years or more. Bioclear’s application process adds much more durability than the traditional dental bonding process.
Porcelain veneers are a classic smile-makeover solution, but they do have downsides. Veneers are a permanent decision because the preparation process must remove a thin layer of tooth enamel. You’ll always need to wear veneers because your natural teeth won’t be structurally sound on their own. Veneers can also be quite expensive, though they can last for a decade or more if cared for properly.
In comparison to both, Bioclear offers the ideal balance between bonding and veneers. You get the best of both worlds!
Who is an ideal candidate for this treatment?
Another fantastic advantage of Bioclear is that the majority of people are candidates. If your smile flaws are solvable with this treatment and your oral health is optimal for cosmetic care, you can move forward with your treatment quickly.
If Dr. Harrison finds that you may not be a candidate for Bioclear, she’ll guide you toward a solution better suited for your needs. Either way, we’ll do everything we can to give you the smile makeover you deserve.
Schedule your consultation today at Millennium Dental.
The best way to determine if Bioclear will help you achieve your smile goals is through a one-on-one evaluation with Dr. Harrison. You’ll be able to ask questions, learn more about the Bioclear method, and get an accurate idea of how Bioclear can improve your smile.
Book your consultation at our friendly Plano, Texas, office by calling or requesting a visit online.